Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pink Baby Shower Cake


My good friend Crystal is having a baby! A baby girl! And last weekend she had her baby shower and I was honored to make her a baby shower cake. So here's to Mama and baby birds - Crystal and (the soon to be with us) Josephine.

The cake is made from pink fondant, with fondant birds, butter cream dots, and fabric ribbons. The inside was classic yellow and chocolate layer cake. Mmmmm good.




These fantastic photos were created by Russell Gearhart Photography.

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely cake. Love the simple elegance of your decoration. Especially the birds. These are exactly the kind of birds I've envisioned having on my best friend's bridal shower cake.

    Would you be able to share your tips or tricks on making these birds?

    Thanks much for sharing :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww:) I will make a cake for my manager next week and would like to place two birds on top like this:) I am just imagining my attempt will be a disaster though! Yours looks so perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO beautiful! I am making a cake for my friends baby shower and I want it to look just like this!

    ReplyDelete