Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Super-Classy Party Cake

What’s black and white and blue all over?

Why Ingrid and her 30th birthday cake, of course! Nothing cures the fear of growing old quite like dying your hair blue and stuffing your face with peanut butter bliss.

In an attempt to step into my thirties with a little class, I opted for a black and white theme. No, I’m not over the hill, or anticipating my own funeral. We’re talkin’ class – people, class! (Yes, as classy as a silly eye-ware party with a blue-haired birthday girl can be). The inspiration for this cake came from a photograph I saw in the book “Beautiful Cakes” by Peggy Porschen. This elegant confection is created with fondant stripes and gum paste flowers, using royal icing as a sugar glue to attach the flowers. The yum-yum interior of this creation is a chocolate and white layer cake filled with Reese’s peanut butter chunks and lathered with a coating of peanut butter frosting.

Are you drooling yet?





Photos provided by Russell Gearhart Photography.

1 comment:

  1. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Please share more like that... cake makers in birmingham

    ReplyDelete